PE, Sport and The Sports Premium
As parents may be aware, the government recently announced 2 year funding for schools, to be spent on the provision and improvement of sports teaching.
Our school was allocated funding of £9,710 for the year 2015-16.
Our school have been allocated funding of £9,710 for the year 2016-17.
The school has chosen to work together with the other schools in the Sheffield School Partnership Link Program to create a cohesive approach to providing quality PE for all our pupils.
Our aim, at the end of the 2 year funding is to:
- Provide quality professional development and training for all staff, to improve the teaching of PE and sport across school. This will be the major driver over the next 2 years and will ensure a legacy of improved teaching and learning in school after the funding is withdrawn.
- Develop opportunities for the P.E. Coordinator & Link Coordinator to meet regularly and provide support to colleagues and share expertise.
- Create further opportunities for cross school competition, in addition to the wide range of events that we already take part in. We expect to develop further opportunities for Key Stage 1 competition and also for a wider range of types of competition, (e.g. orienteering) plus more child driven healthy lifestyle activities such as cheer-leading clubs etc so that more pupils can become involved.
- Improve and maintain the quality of resourcing in order that the delivery of lessons is enhanced, including quality PE and sports kits.
- Secure high quality PE and sports teaching across the whole school.
Look at some of the great things we are doing at Arbourthorne Community Primary School.